Thursday, October 30, 2008

Children


Yesterday I was finally able to hold some village children in my arms. I've been waiting for them. They were Gypsy, incredibly poor, living in trash, dirty, smelly and so full of wonder and love. I will begin studying Bulgarian today.. I can't bear to not speak with them or understand the small, precious questions they ask me. 

While in this village, we gathered for my first house-church experience. There were twenty of us squeezed tightly in an old, wrinkly woman's one-room home that was only about ten feet in diameter. She wore a flowery scarf over her black hair and a dirty, matted, yarn vest but was incredibly hospitable with the few plastic cups of juice that she did have. She even made me sit on the one and only pillow that she had.. I was so humbled.

Although I didn't understand everything that was spoken, I felt power in the atmosphere and knew that we were all of the same Spirit. I love the verse in the Bible that says "the Word of God cannot be contained".. that's how I feel when we all speak in tongues because there are no language, culture or status barriers. Nonetheless.. I will ruthlessly study this gibberish language until I am a pro!!

1 comment:

  1. I am in LOVE with this picture!!

    Keep pressing on!!!!
    love u!

    ReplyDelete