Saturday, September 18, 2010

My Dashing Husband

I’m addicted to my husband. Obsessed. Madly and mindlessly in love. Can I just brag on him?? He’s strong, so strong in every way. Everything he does is driven by a deep passion and love for God. Everything. He’s hilarious, seriously the funniest person I’ve ever talked to. He is sensitive and sweet in all the ways I desire. He loves to sing to me… songs that usually drive me crazy, but he sings them relentlessly, and I love that. He calls me the sweetest and most endearing names that usually make no sense, but I still melt when I hear them - I think we speak our own language together. He LOVES to preach. He’s the most anointed, most incredible preacher I’ve ever heard. His lifestyle is preaching Jesus. On Thursday we were relaxing at a pool for a few hours. When we went to our locker rooms before leaving, I could overhear him next door, preaching Jesus to a Muslim guy. He’s my inspiration. I want to be like Samuel.

On Friday night Samuel got us an incredible suite in Dire Dawa… I loved it! We snuggled and talked while watching a great thunderstorm outside our huge half-circle wall of windows, we saw a movie, ate an Indian dinner and fell asleep in each other’s arms. God loves marriage. I love marriage. Samuel was God’s perfect gift to me!

The wedding of the century!

Yesterday was our one year anniversary! I spent most of it alone in an airport for 9 hours… on my way to America, but my heart is still a mushy ball of emotion that if poked, would waterfall into a pool of tears at my feet. I always get lovesick when I’m away from him. Our dating experience was spent on different continents... I have always despised being away from Samuel but learned to thrive on emails and brief phone calls. It was like that up until one week before our wedding. Yesterday we had another goodbye. Of course it’s different now… I’ll only be gone for 2 weeks and we still belong to each other no matter what part of the world we find ourselves in… but I’m sad. I miss my alskling.

The Word of God is full of romance. Seriously – God IS love. Can you grasp that?? The love that I feel for my Samuel is only a mirror reflection of the sweet love of our God. I want to submerge myself if this blissful passion… I want to be soaked through…. I want to indulge myself in it...

I love you Samuel Strandberg. Thank you for taking care of me, for making me feel like a queen. I love to be your Mrs. Let’s share decades of anniversaries together…. Decades all smothered in the kisses of each other and our King!

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful thoughts, Gabrielle. Marriage and love are so wonderful and your anniversary sounded so fun and romantic. God bless.
    -Rebecca Keese

    ReplyDelete