Friday, November 21, 2008

Greece

Greece was incredible. I cried the moment I looked out over the city lights.. feeling the presence of God so powerfully. Walter and Linda blessed me incredibly with this trip, all I could do was ask myself "How did I get here?". God amazes me. We stayed in a hotel in the city of Kavala which is ancient Neapolis (the city Jesus and the apostles sailed in to on many occasions). I read Philippians while looking out over Philippi and could hardly contain myself. This is where the first church of Europe was started, and from here it literally went to America and the world! Now, it's hard to find one Holy Spirit-filled church in the city. I can't wait for the gospel to come full-circle. How can people live without Jesus?

"I can do all things through Christ Jesus who gives me strength" was written for this place, along with "My God will supply all of my needs according to His riches in glory in Christ Jesus", "I am confident of this very thin, that He who began a good work in you will perfect it until the day of Christ Jesus", "Rejoice in the Lord always!", "Be anxious for nothing but in everything by prayer and supplication, let your requests be made known to God and the peace of God which surpasses all understanding will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus", "Finally brothers, whatever is true..", "For our citizenship is from heaven.."
 This is also where Jesus asked, "Who do people say that I am?".. the resounding question that still echoes through the brick streets, marble-laid villas and gardens. 

The soil is rich, full of spiritual minerals waiting to be taken ahold of. There are times when great tilling is necessary in order to lay the ground-work and foundation over certain areas but the foundation has already been laid in much of Greece, Turkey, Bulgaria and other surrounding areas. We just need to dig a little in order to see the brilliance and worth of what's already been planted by those who went before us. 
This is the Mediterranean Sea! Stunning. I also ate my first Gyro in Greece, I'm vegetarian though so I don't know if it really counts :) I have pictures from Paul and Silas' prison cell but I can't upload them because the internet in Bulgaria doesn't always work.. I'll try to get them up again soon. Love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment