Monday, August 17, 2009

Break from life..

"But the Lord stood with me and strengthened me, so that through me the proclamation might be fully accomplished, and that all the Gentiles might hear; and I was rescued out of the lion's mouth. The Lord will rescue me from every evil deed, and will bring me safely to His heavenly Kingdom; to Him be glory forever and ever..." 2 Timothy 4:17-18

Mmm.. isn't that a great scripture to wake up to?? That's how my weekend began..

Truly, nothing in the world matters apart from being strengthened by and standing with Jesus and then proclaiming Him to the world. He's everything and I'm in love :)

It's been a productive week to say the least.. at this time in 5 weeks I'll be married to the most amazing man on the universe and in Africa, so you can imagine there's not much explaining to be said when it comes to the need for productivity.

I had the incredible honor of speaking at our young adults service - Fusion - on Tuesday night about Mission SOS and the work that's taking place specifically in Harar.. Thanks Pastor Nate and Lisa! You're the best!!! My heart thrives off seeing Holy Spirit spark something in people's spirits.. something that shouts "Go! Live a life of adventure among the unreached!".. and then cascades through their eyes, piercing the very atmosphere. Preaching Jesus to people who have no clue is the greatest thing there is... it's the pursuit of all humanity.. either we're giving that message or waiting for someone to come give it to us. Mmm.. I could just run out of my skin!


Linda and Mohammed with disciples.. Adventurers and missionaries on Africa's Horn!


Yesterday afternoon ended up being a splendid time to break away from my schedule, appointments, errands, and lists upon lists of "To Do's"... with my Lauren. It started with fika, dinner at our favorite vegan restaurant called "Flaming Icecube", a spontaneous drive out to the country to jump in a lake in hopes of refreshment from this sizzling summer sun, another fika, and a random photo shoot, barefoot and laying in the grass in the center of the city's night lights. I was sick from laughing at the end of the evening... hahaha! No seriously, we almost drowned! Thank you my Lauren for making me break away from "life" and live a little :) I loooove our dates together!


Artesian and Norwegian.. Sheetz?? Who knew!?

No comments:

Post a Comment