Thursday, November 5, 2009

life, life, life..

Church of Joy was powerful this week! Samuel preached about having a vision (Proverbs)… in preparation for the launch of our own church vision here in Harar this coming week. We also installed Ashagre and Mohammed as our assistant pastors here in Mission SOS - Africa’s Horn!! Ashagre is one of the greatest teachers I’ve ever known… with the heart of a true shepherd. Mohammed is a dynamic and genuine evangelist inside and out… he breathes, sleeps, eats and dreams evangelism. We are honored and strengthened by the two of you! Thank you for sharing life together with us!!!

“I know some people worshipping together in Harar today!!!”(The globe I painted last week ☺ )

What is life without adventure, risk, taking chances, dreaming up things that are beyond you? What is life without Jesus? I’m madly in love.

What does a typical week in Ethiopia look like?? Rising before the sun to spend time with Holy Spirit… saving your friends (or your friend’s mobile) from being locked in (or falling into) the squatty potty… gnawing on sugarcane… countless kisses with new and old friends on the streets… Amerinja classes (and a final tomorrow)… powerful House Churches… eating enormous bites of injera, rice or spaghetti from your disciple’s bare hand… playing soccer with your life-heroes under the hot sun and distant mountains… carrying a burning passion for the unreached souls on Africa’s Horn every moment of every day… soaking your sand/dirt-stained feet in old baptismal water on your day off… utterly living life to the fullest! A typical week is full of joy, laughter, lessons, excitement, anticipation, dreams…

Now I sit writing and listening to my Samuel teach the Bible School students about the GIFTS of Holy Spirit. Powerful! Today we’ve been married for 7 weeks… the most incredible 7 weeks in life. How amazing it is to wake up every day with your best friend... not quite sure what the day will bring… but knowing that you have each other, Holy Spirit and the same adventurous spirits that are driven to transform a people to the Kingdom of God... together.

Samuel! Thank you for making me laugh until it hurts, for leading me with your wisdom, sharing your heart with me, watching movies with me… you’re the strongest man on the planet. I’ll follow you to the ends of the earth…

My Daddy walking me down the aisle… Thanks for setting the standard for me ☺

The Strandbergs! Best family I could ask for…

Daddy, Mama and the man of my dreams

1 comment:

  1. Gabrielle! Reading your blog most days makes me tear up! We all miss you here, but it inspires me to press on every day!Holy Spirit is doing amazing things in the yout is at the riot, and it's so exciting to hear what he is doing in ethiopia! I love you!

    ReplyDelete