Friday, December 25, 2009

Blessed girl

Mmmm... my heart is smiling. I'm a blessed girl. What an amazing first Christmas with my husband in Ethiopia! Actually, it's my second year celebrating in Ethiopia but nonetheless, nothing compares. The Swedes celebrate the 24th(I think it's just because they can't wait one more day for the presents) and I of course celebrate the 25th... so it's been two days of Christmas celebration here on Africa's Horn!!

Sam and I were up at 2am, 3am, 3:30am... and so on... on Thursday morning. We felt like little kids trying to wait to unwrap our gifts to each other. My man blesses my life in every way!!!! Tack alskling!

Me and my hero...

Then I fixed breakfast for the team(Yes mom! I didn't burn the kitchen down either!), gave a car to Katrine(old taxi car from the 60's... for the team actually, but it was fun surprising her with the roar of it's engine cruising into our compound), spent the day watching movies, playing games and cooking Swedish Christmas dinner. Still getting used to traditional Swedish holiday food... orange and black caviar on boiled eggs, raw fish in a jar, salty candy... hmmm...

In the evening we ate sugar cookies mailed from my mama and daddy in USA and opened a plethora of gifts! I love my family here!

I also became a new aunt!! My big sis had her 4th baby on Christmas Eve... Levi Danger Robinson! 1 girl, 3 boys... O how I'm longing for you!!!!

Little Levi.. love you!

Called home to America today!!! I'm always in tears when I hang up the phone.. I have the best family on earth. It's freezing rain in Youngstown today. Nice. My dad's fixing his annual Oyster stew(yuck) which means the house smells and mom will eat cereal or pbj for dinner.. haha.

Me and my baby brother!

My mama :)

Me and daddy on the sailboat this summer...

Thank you Jesus for coming to earth... You are everything. Creator, Lover, Healer, Savior, King, Lion, Wisdom, Power, Joy, Promise, Covenant, Hope, Peace, Life, Light... Love you with my life!

No comments:

Post a Comment