Monday, March 29, 2010

Birthday love



Today began with "Happy Birthday to Joelle..." at 6am, quickly followed by a SOS tradition of throwing her high into the air. Yes, that'll wake you up...

The surprises continued throughout the day... while Joelle was off experiencing her first live football game(our very own soccer team, Harar "Beer" played Addis Ababa "Coffee"... Yay Harar - despite the name) I was making 2 cakes(with Swedish directions might I add??), almost burning the kitchen down, and hand grinding coffee all the way from Peaberrys in Youngstown USA!!

After some of the spiciest Ox and injera I've ever eaten.. we rushed home and set the night for a delightful birthday fika of safranskaka, carrot cake, bananas, popcorn, red, white & blue coffee, candles... delightful :)

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MY JOELLE!

Next on the birthday list these 2 weeks is Filip.. then Katish.. then my beloved.....

Tomorrow it's just me and my hero...

1 comment: