Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Joelle's in Ethiopia!


Ethiopia.. Ethiopia.. land that I love. And now my bestie is here too! It's been an amazing week with her. On her first night in Harar we took her on a hike to see the wildly ugly and famous hyenas of our city. She was brave though. Even fed them raw meat from an 8 inch long stick in her mouth!
We had a big gathering with our our disciples in our house on Friday evening, went to women's house church on Saturday and had a powerful Sunday morning meeting at Harar Church of Joy(where my amazing Samuel preached about the fruit of the Spirit, sooo anointed!) On Sunday afternoon we went to see lions.. what a mighty beast! Seriously, they're like royalty. Not friendly royalty though...

Monday was spent bathing in the golden African sun at our favorite pool in Dire Dawa. Now we have a nice summer glow and my hair is a bit more blonde... so refreshing. Spending this Tuesday with the love of my life until it's time to drive back to Harar for Bibleschool class this evening. Samuel will be teaching about the Trinity!

My mama and daddy called unexpectedly on Friday. What a glorious treat! I'm missing them so. Here are some photos for my mama...

Through the mountains on our way to Dire Dawa

Joelle with Selam... amazing disciple who is now leading the Women's house church!

Me and my man stayin out of the rain :)

Strawberry smoothies. Delightful.

My Naphtali eating mango in the morning sunshine.. my most favorite kid!

Filip taking good care of our guest ;) haha

The backseat of our '75 Peugeot in the mountains..

1 comment:

  1. Oh my! That hyena picture scares me so bad! Stop going there!!
    XOXOXO

    ReplyDelete