Sunday, March 20, 2011

And we're off!

Alright everyone. We are officially Hawaii bound! Samuel got his flight on Friday night and after one day and several hours on Skype with Continental... I got mine too! It was looking scary for a while there... my ticket just wouldn't register!

Again, the purpose of this trip is to get my immigration "permission to stay" papers in Sweden. Don't know how long I'll have to stay there but we're so happy Samuel is coming for 3 1/2 weeks! He hasn't seen my family in over one year! It will be a sad day when he's flying back to Sweden, that's for sure.

On the beach in Zanzibar, Tanzania

My packing must haves:
Bible
passport
application papers
eye drops
lip stick
ipod
waterproof mascara
swim suits
good book (next I'll be reading "Is That Really You, God?" but Loren Cunningham - the founder of YWAM)
journal
dresses
scarves
(I left all my sandals in Ethiopia... so flip flops will be my first buy in Hawaii!)
good tennis shoes (Mom warned me the lava is really intense in some places)
baseball gloves
ear plugs for Samuel - he loves to hang out in that spot where the waves crash... the last time we were at the beach he did just that and we ended up in the hospital three months later where they flushed large pieces of coral and shells and sand from his ears! Don't want a re-cap of that!


My goals on the Big Island:
get my permission to stay in Sweden
surf
snorkel
see my first volcano
shopping with mama
visit YWAM
get some delayed wedding photos on the beach (we never got really nice shots when we married so mom brought my wedding dress to Hawaii so we could get some there one day!)
find a job so we can save for the field!
hang out with Jesus
baseball with dad

The last time we played baseball on the beach - two years ago!

No comments:

Post a Comment