Thursday, March 31, 2011

Some beach somewhere

This was where we spent our day. Just took a drive and found this paradise awaiting us. The sand was so soft it disappeared beneath our feet, the sun was blazing and smiling, the whales were blowing puffs of air and water in the distance, dolphins were jumping and spinning right infront of us, the waves were crashing with incredible force (it was a bit scarry sometimes... I was actually slammed down to the bottom of the sea floor and drug along in the sand for a while with no idea which way was up! And half the ocean came right up into my sinuses. Yum!) Samuel body surfed for 5 straight hours! He's toasty and red tonight!


This morning I was thinking about the way life can outrun us. Sometimes it can be overwhelming. Sometimes your dreams and desires flood over you in a way that makes it hard to catch your breath. Sometimes anxiety blocks your view. Sometimes you just get tired. I felt Holy Spirit say to me "just go to the beach". Yes I'm in Hawaii... I could go to a beach whenever I feel like it, but this morning was different. It's like the verses in the Bible that talk about equipping yourself with the armor of God....... It says when you've done all you can do to stand, stand firm. I was thinking, when you've done all you can do to stand, go to the beach!

God rejoices in our joy. He loves to lavish us with His own creations and see us purly overloading on Him in simple happiness and FUN. Yes we need faith and action and prayer and vision and wisdom and strategy and on and on and on.... and we need a beach. We won't miss out on something when we're suntanning. I believe God will double that all up in our lives when we just rest in Him. We must rest in Him more. Dreams only take place when we're sleeping anyway. Rest and get God's new dreams!

No comments:

Post a Comment