Thursday, May 26, 2011

Plan B

Last night (after watching the last episode of the Oprah show - ever! Which I loved by the way... she was preaching!) dad and I went out for a Thai dinner and ice cream... then a walk on the beach....


At 8:10pm we returned to our car and found that the gate had been locked. Apparently that beach was only opened until 8! We had no way of getting out of there... dad called 911 and an officer came to check on us but there was no way for him to help us either. Hours passed and we were getting ready to come up with "plan B" (finding someplace to sleep for the night) when a security car FINALLY came!


So we got home from our date pretty late. After 3 hours of sleep I was up again to call the Swedish embassy (they only take calls for one hour a day which just so happens to be between 5am-6am in my time zone).... we're knocking on all our doors right now! (I think we're past "plan B" when it comes to immigration.... we're around "plan M" or something) The rules for immigration seem to change weekly. Last week we though I'd have to wait around 7 months before getting back to Sweden, then we heard that I could go back in 2 weeks and finally today we've discovered that I will have to wait "not long"... we're thinking 1 or 2 months. My life is one fat adventure! Please pray that I will find a way to salvage the second half of my round-trip ticket back to Sweden! Right now I'm scheduled to fly from Hawaii on June 8 but I will obviously have to push that back and also try to redirect myself to DC (another part of the new rules which tell me I must personally leave fingerprint in DC before returning to Sweden) Ahhh!

On a side note, there's a shark stalking the coast of Kona this week! 2 attacks already! I guess they'll be no cliff jumping, surfing or snorkeling for me...

No comments:

Post a Comment