Monday, June 27, 2011

Blue

Yesterday I raided a "used" box at the camera store! It was full of camera filters! I'm stoked!! Last September I was able to get a Canon SX30... basically a fat-daddy camera that straddles the line between a basic point-and-shoot and an SLR. It has ridiculous zoom capabilities of up to a mile away and takes beautiful shots. I'm in love. AND after my grand find yesterday... I now have 6 new filters (different colors, techniques and styles) that I got for only $25(should have costed around $300!!)

My photos today were taken in the "posterized" setting - and with a dark blue filter. Perfect for our morning submarine trip!



This guy was worshiping, something. I've seen it several times since I've come here... men doing peculiar dances and gestures in the ocean. Made for some really unique shots!

Our submarine - the Atlantis. We went around 100ft deep.. there were such cool creatures down there. Because the sun doesn't reach those depths, the colors of the fish, coral and ship wrecks are distorted and everything looks blue (even without the blue lens!)...

No comments:

Post a Comment