Friday, July 29, 2011

Grill Dog

Rarely do I crave food (although I am quite partial to lentils - I think it's my missionary blood)... but all week, all I've wanted was a hotdog on the grill! Kind of sad, I know. I think I was craving it mostly because of the summer ambiance it carries.

This afternoon while walking though the city on my way home...... the ship was in the harbor picking up it's passengers on their way to Denmark... families were riding bikes through the streets... every yard and balcony smelled of some wonderful smokey marinade... each lawn chair and picnic bench was filled with party guests, all of them relaxing in the early hours of a new weekend ... and the hint of freshly cut grass was still hanging in the air from it's latest trim...

When I reached my own balcony, I found Samuel mastering his new grill(which he built today!) and cooking up - yes - hot dogs :) I'm a happy wife.

American readers: we need some beef franks around here...
(I'm not really sure what was in these ones) :)
Tack Älskling!

5 comments:

  1. Anything tastes good on the grill. hmm, what kind of hot dogs do you like? Kahn's, Hebrew National, Oscar Myer? Sounds like a wonderful day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have no idea what kind I like! I didn't even know there were so many options! And I doubt I'll be having them again until another strange craving comes along :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I only named a few! Our fav at our house is Hebrew Nationals. My 16 year old daughter is called to the Jewish people and has been keeping Kosher since Jr. high. So, of course, that is the only kind that enters our door. They answer to a higher authority. I wouldn't even know how to send them to you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww.. I don't think there could be a good way to send hotdogs! You're so sweet though! Maybe I'll have to stop by for one in the future :)

    ReplyDelete