Monday, July 25, 2011

Waterproof

I had a wonderful weekend home in Sweden! Samuel was free from work for a few days so we spent a lot of time taking walks, doing a little shopping, visiting the ocean, playing and singing worship on my guitar I brought all the way from Youngstown(!) and fikas with friends and family! Samuel preached about Holy Spirit fire on Sunday at church as well. My favorite preacher.

My Swedish has become a bit rusty over the last 4 months spent in the States, but I feel my mind is slowly making a shift again. It's always a good sign when you start to think in another language. At times, in my search for words, I blurt out Amerinja (the official language of Ethiopia) and other times I feel like speaking in tongues would just be easier. But here I am, an immigrant to Scandinavia... so Swedish is my only focus now!

The sky looks like it's about to downpour at any moment.... and we do everything on foot here. When I was leaving the states, everyone was asking, "Isn't it always cold in Sweden?" and my answer was, "Not now! It's sunny and hot and the sun stays up extra late!" but.... that hasn't been true! Since I arrived last Thursday, we've had grey skies, wind, rain, gloom. I should really go shopping for a jacket and umbrella. Good thing I got that waterproof camera in Hawaii!

Samuel and I are leaving for the Embassy soon. I've received my resident permit but still don't have any proof of it, so they're fixing my card today! Wohoo! I'll be officially finished with this whole thing in just a few hours :)

No comments:

Post a Comment