Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Shopping verdict

Yesterday my man and I took a spontaneous afternoon trip to a city called Kungsbacka. Why Kungsbacka you ask?? They have a mall :) By the time Samuel got off work and we took the hour drive... there as only one hour left to shop, but I didn't mind :) My American readers are going to think I'm insane for saying this... but I'm getting so bored with H&M! H&M in Sweden is like McD's in America.... it's on every corner - sometimes 2 or 3 in ONE mall! So I was ecstatic to see something new.... like Zara (a great store from Turkey) and Indiska ([my favorite] Indian store). Wasn't really planning on buying so much but then.... yes, I hit the jackpot! I got 2 skirts, 3 dresses and a sweater all for 260 ($41) Krona - and it should have cost almost 1500 ($240) Krona! Hallelujah for sales :) Samuel told the cashier when we were checking out, "I have a happy wife tonight!"...

...That's amazing for Scandinavia I must say. The cost of living and especially clothing is so much higher here.

For example ... Converse. You can buy a pair for $39.99 in the States and here in Sweden they cost at least $110! Same for jeans, coats, boots... so the verdict is... fly to America for your clothes!!! I miss good 'ol Gabriel Brothers. I love the hunt!

No comments:

Post a Comment