Saturday, October 8, 2011

Happy saturday

I'm not a huge fan of baking. I think it has to do with the fact that I've had so many traumatic experiences. Cooking, I love. Especially ethnic things with lots and lots of spice. When I was in Hawaii cooking for mom and dad, I fixed a lot of Ethiopian and Indian dishes... finally mom said, "You're not cooking anymore. Too many beans.."

My little chocolate rings and pretzels [notice the leopard apron - favorite:) ]
Well, Samuel's working an enormous amount of hours this weekend, so I've forced myself to s-t-o-p studying for a while and do some house-wifey things. First I baked a loaf of homemade, really dark and grainy bread... braided. But it didn't rise. Even though I added two packages of yeast and let it sit for 1.5hr! Something always goes wrong when I touch an oven :( Secondly, I made some chocolate pretzels. They're okay. I'll make up for the not-so-incredible baked goods with a big pot of spicy mexican soup(with beans of course). Happy Saturday.

ps- A cool thing that happened this week: I was talking to a guy in my class on Thursday. He's from Palestine and has a wife and 5 children there that have not gotten their immigration papers approved so they too can move to Sweden. He was so sad and helpless. He's a Muslim and he knows that I'm a Christian... I said that I would pray to my God for him and his family to be reunited soon. I did. And the next day in class... he ran up to me with all the papers... they all got their permanent residency to be here in Sweden and will be on their way shortly.. after one year of separation! I told him it's because I prayed for him! So fun to work as an ambassador for Christ.. just daily sowing seeds and cracking open old creaky doors so the love and light of God can sneak in take over :)

1 comment:

  1. That is awesome... It is always hard for Palestinians to get their papers. God is really working through you.

    ReplyDelete