Sunday, October 30, 2011

Ready, Set....

Friday was my 5-hour Swedish test. Saturday was marathon clean/prepare/pack day. Now it's 5am Sunday and I can't sleep because of all the butterflies in my tummy! Tomorrow we're leaving for India!

Friday: The test was good, just long, but not so difficult... as usual I was far too anxious for the weeks leading up to it. Last night I had a brief conversation with my neighbor in the hallway and he said "Wow, your Swedish has improved, I can understand everything you say now!" haha. That's a good sign :)

This little smiley-face-guy waited for me outside my car door on my way to the Test.. and I made Samuel wait on me so I could get a pic for the blog :) Love little happy surprises!

Saturday: Laundry. Laundry. Scrubbed bathroom. Mopped floors. Cleaned and prepared camera stuff (My photography things are all ready for India... my backpack on the other hand, empty. Shows where my priorities are I suppose :)) Shopped, or tried to shop, it's so difficult to find things in this country.. there is nothing like Walmart or Target or a drugstore... what I really need is a travel-aisle. (Someone please, where can I find contact solution in Sweden??) Somehow in the midst of all this I managed to bake a chicken and mash some potatoes too :) I felt a bit like a super-mom, minus the children. In the evening Samuel and I sat over a map of India and discussed our plan-A vs. plan-B method. Pray that God shows us whether to start from the East or the West!

There it is.. my life in a red bag for 6 weeks. Although it's empty in the photo :)

Sunday: In a few hours we're having lunch together with Samuel's parents, sister, her-hub and kids... love the Strandbergs. Church starts at 4pm (Pingstkrykan Varberg.. come!) and I'll be leading worship with my hero friends Samuel(his blog is in Swedish) and Lotta and some other wonderful people! I love worshiping!! At some point I really do need to pack that back-pack and Skype with mama and daddy in Hawaii too :)

Monday: Drive to Gothenburg 10 am
Fly to Istanbul 1 pm (we like Istanbul's airport - been there so many times. It was always our first taste of the West when we came out of Africa and Samuel would leave me with all the luggage and run to Burger King for french fries. The way to Samuel's heart?? Fast food.)
Arrive in India 4:15 am Tuesday
... then we have a countless number of train-trips(most of them around the 20-hours), rickshaws, boats, a plane or two... pray for strength, health, rest, favor and wisdom in all of our travels!!!

1 comment: