Friday, December 23, 2011

"Christmas Table"

 If anyone's counting... two days until Christmas! Still doesn't feel quite like that for me... half of me is still stuck in India, and the other half is tiptoeing through Swedish Christmas traditions. Everyone is speaking about "Christmas table" of cold ham, caviar, mini 'hot dogs', fermented fish, meatballs, cabbage, raw herring... I just don't think I can fully adapt to that menu! Strange for my American taste buds... If I had my choice, every holiday would resemble Thanksgiving :)

Tomorrow [[Christmas Eve]] is the big day here in Scandinavia. Everyone will be opening up their presents in the evening. I guess Santa visits Europe first and that's why the American's have to wait until the morning of the 25th :) Samuel is working the next 2 nights... so it'll just be me and some cozy Christmas songs... waiting for Jesus' birthday...

Spent some time with my favorite little girlies Elsa and Siri yesterday... In LOVE! Can't wait to spend my 25th with them too!!!


2 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing! Enjoy your Christmas Eve.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did you change your URL? I can't get your latest post. E-mail me lyonmissmollie@aol.com, please.

    ReplyDelete