Sunday, December 25, 2011

Moments [[again]]

What to do, what to do!? Samuel is home from work now and sleeping... and it's Christmas morning and I'm all alone in a quiet kitchen :( I started going through videos/photos from the last 4 years of Christmas... all in Africa! That definitely warms my heart.

A little Christmas dance from 2008 in Ethiopia :)

The huge box of [[40]] enormous sugar cookies and gifts mom and dad mailed us!

Me and Naftali sticking snowflakes on our African windows :)
 And... our Christmas rat! Caught by Mohammed!


Christmas service for the homeless and crippled in our Harar Church of Joy... including a live donkey and goats in our nativity drama :)

My sister's 4th baby [[Levi Danger]] came as a Christmas gift!


A late-Christmas visit to USA
Family remember: 
"the more you drink [[coffee]] the better it gets!" -great grandma 
hahahaha

Covies :) Enjoying Starbucks on a cold morning in Pittsburgh :)


Christmas 2010! Just about every one of my favorite photos has to do with this kid!

"It's my color!" -Ashagre

Opening presents with Zenabwa and Naftali! Love Zed!! She cheers non-stop the entire time :)


Samuel and Naftali :)

My favorite :)

The best team!

"God Jul!" (Swedish "Merry Christmas")

Opening another package from mom and dad under our little tree :)

Baking gingerbread elephants and hippos with Sarah!



I never know what is to come but when I look back at the last few years... living on 4 different continents, chasing the unreached people groups, preaching, adventuring, skyping with loved ones, backpacking, being a newly wed... and I look forward at the next year of living out of suitcases and moving to another new country... I know that God carries me every step of the way. Like I said in my post from Thanksgiving... God gives us moments to enjoy in life. Tradition, glitz, stuff... isn't so important. What matters is moments together with the Holy Spirit and the precious people God puts in our lives. This lonely Christmas morning in Sweden is just another moment that I will look back on in the years to come...

This afternoon will be spent with some best friends... longing!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment