Friday, January 13, 2012

African soil

Just 13 days until I'm back on holy soil. African soil. I could explode. We are going to be in THE Harar Church of JOY in Ethiopia :) In so many ways it feels like I'm going home. This was my first home just 2 days after getting married.. The place I sowed so many tears and prayers and laughs and dreams in. Longing with every part of me!!

With Oromo children in the HOT mountains on a 16 hour drive through the desert with a car from the 70's. Not a good idea!

Feeding hyenas with a hyena-man who prayed salvation just minutes before :)
Yes, that is raw meat being dangled by my head.
A few weeks later, I actually got bit on my side... but the ugly sucker didn't break the skin, thank God!

Just after a street-outreach led by our Bibleschool students!

Ethiopia! I am in love with you! And more... God is in love with you!!! Psalm 68:31 says, "Ethiopia will quickly stretch out her hands to God." Pray with me for the unreached on the Horn of Africa... that they would simply meet their Creator. Pray that God would heal their land and give them His Holy Spirit. 

No comments:

Post a Comment