Monday, January 9, 2012

Guds äventyrare



Written in Africa 2011.

The strange yet alluring combination of curry and garbage smoke drifts up to my fourth-story kitchen table view of the glittering stars tonight. What a silly blend of life I find myself tangled up in. Culture is a stunning experience. Religion woven within culture is difficult to understand, impossible to separate. Here I am in the fourth holiest Islamic city in the world and I have Hindu neighbors. The orthodox calls to prayer wake us up each morning. And each day... our clothes, our meals, our itinerary, keeps an unspoken boundary between us all. How could there be so many options to the truth? So many paths to eternity? How can I convince a person who believes in a million gods that there is one God who is seeking them out? Does love really change the world? Does a smile change the atmosphere? I don’t want to live in a world of harmonious religions... I want to win people for Christ!  Does the god you serve actually know your name or the number of hairs on your head? Can your god save you of your unrighteousness? The God I serve - the Creator of the world and your life in it - is alive, active, full of love. He cheers you on exactly where you are rather than demanding perfection from you with no reward. He’s faithful, powerful and present. He gave His own son Jesus to die for your sins so that you wouldn't have to. He is standing at the door to your heart... knocking... knocking... waiting to be invited inside. Not as a guest, but as the new owner of the building! Becoming a follower of Jesus Christ is a free gift... but after His great mercy and love washes you clean... it will cost you everything. And it's so so worth it. Tell the world.

This necklace was given to me by my bridesmaids (Joelle and Lauren) the night before I got married. 
It says God's Adventurer in Swedish! Perfect :)
Samuel gave me the cross for valentine's day 3 years ago :)





No comments:

Post a Comment