Thursday, February 9, 2012

Proud parents

What a blast this trip to Ethiopia has been! I have a gagillion photos and wonderful things to share with you!! Sorry I have not been able to update my blog these 2 weeks... Not so good internet :(

The best part of Harar, Ethiopia (and every part of the world for that matter) is always, always the people. Now my heart is so filled up with dear African family and my arms are so sore from holding lots and lots of kids! Harar was completely the same as we left it one year ago and at the same time, completely different. The markets are just as vibrant and adventurous, the injera just as sour and fluffy... But the Harar Church of Joy was even greater and more wonderful than ever! Samuel and I feel like proud parents. I guess you could say that our first born was a pioneer church in Africa and now it has grown and outshined our expectations. We love you so dearly Ashagre, Selam, Mohammed, Zenabwa, disciples, youth group, house churches.... We have bled and sweat and cried and lived and laughed with you and will always continue to life your arms as you chase the unreached on the Horn of Africa!!

Here are a few photo favs from Istanbul to tide you over until we get home in a few hours....









- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

1 comment: