Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Ruth

For the last 15-or-so posts...  I almost state the title as "busy bees"... Funny how that consistently pops up in my head. It's basically the definition of this season! (I'm pretty sure I already have a post titled that way...) Why?? Well for one, we are moving to Asia in less than one month. We are piled up with paperwork and applications for all sorts of things. Deadlines. Schedules. Appointments. All the busy work that must take place before reaching the field. What do I want for Christmas this year?? A secretary! (But 6 months early please!)

Excellence in everything practical will usher in favor on the field! I want to live life that way... in a spirit of excellence! So I endure knowing that soon enough my nostrils will be filled with curry again and I'll have those street babies in my arms :)

Samuel is having an incredible time in Orlando with Reinhard Bonnke. Check out his blog for future posts about what's going on in his school of evangelism!

Last week we had the honor of being a part of "Vacation Bible School" with 250 kids! It was a blast! Samuel and I got to teach about unreached people and Pastor Lauren and the kids took a faith offering to raise $1000 for our Gospel campaign this fall! These little ones are passionate about Jesus... many of them already have big dreams for specific countries around the globe. We love being around them! You can read more about VBS in our newsletter this week! Leave a comment with your email address below if you'd like to receive a copy!




I've been meditating on the book of Ruth lately. Her passion and commitment and determination is such a stunning example. Listen to what was said about her...

"... and how you left your father and your mother and the land of your birth, and came to a people that you did not previously know. May the Lord reward your work, and your wages be full from the Lord, the God of Israel, under whose wings you have come to seek refuge.” 

What beauty comes from seeking refuge under the wings of the Lord. That's where I always want to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment