Tuesday, June 23, 2009

The Little Things...

I've come to wholeheartedly fall in love with the little things each day brings... it's another form of adventuring through life with Jesus and making yourself aware of His sweet love notes. How amazing is that?? I don't serve a superstitious god that sits bound up in a stone statue for all eternity.. I serve a living God that hears my heart, knows my name, my desires, my dreams, expectations, the things that make me laugh... and then kisses my days with those very things just because He's in love with me and wants to be intimately acquainted with every part of my life. Besides, religion doesn't leave room for swooning, only relationship does. 

Many times we make ourselves oblivious to His presence and daily whispers and then condemn ourselves for not having Holy Ghost goose-bumps... when all along, we were just too wrapped up in the performance of it all to recognize that He was speaking and moving the entire time. One of my amazing friends once told me.. "He never leaves the room". His sticky notes are scattered everywhere and most the time, they're silly ones :)

Like today.. I was leaving the little cafe I work at and someone made me a latte with the froth in the shape of Africa and a "G" in the middle!! Hahaha... that made my day! God used this little latte to remind me of what my heart is longing for.. why I'm serving fikas and smiling to customers at 5:30 in the morning! It also confirmed that the testimonies of Jesus aren't going unnoticed :) What a life.. what an adventure I'm living.. and what an amazing latte!

1 comment:

  1. I love this blog that you wrote, Gabby! You are simply amazing!!

    ReplyDelete