Sunday, December 13, 2009

Highlights this week:

-Mohammed and Ashagre are now taking Swedish lessons because they think I’m secretly studying in the nights. Apparently I know more than them… our base is now such a lovely mix of English, Amerinja, Orominja, Swedish, Spanish, Somali… I said one sentence to Samuel last week in FOUR different languages and didn’t even notice!

-We baptized THREE new disciples! Hallelujah!

-Sent a Christmas package to my family in America! Customs at the Post office (a man who loves to scream and called himself “Ethiopian dogmatic orthodox”.. whatever that means) searched through everything and only removed two items! Regardless, we had a lot of laughs in the process!

They made me put tape on "Merry Christmas" but "We love you from Africa!" was okay!

-Actually, it's been a week of Christmas packages for everyone!

Erik and Philip smiling huge for their Norwegian and Swedish chocolate!

-Got a Christmas package from my family! Customs (same man) tried to confiscate my mom’s homemade cookies!! I refused. My mom and dad baked 40 huge family-secret-recipe-Christmas-sugar cookies for me, sam and the team! I think we’ll eat these cookies in heaven…

Can you see me in heaven now??

-Also got amazing “Winter wonderland” and “Chocolate Cherry” flavored coffee from the café I worked at in USA… Peaberrys! Mmmmm… coffee coffee coffee…

-Maja and Katish took me and sam out for lunch at my favorite restaurant!

-Passed my Amheric-grammar exam with 15/16 points… not bad.

-We had a Christmas-themed team night… set up the tree, lights galore, ate cookies and Swedish candy, danced to Christmas classics, stuck snowflakes to the windows… it’s the most wonderful time of the year

Me and Naphtali creating a masterpiece!

-Ended our last night of Bible School by laying our hands on the students, prophesying and commissioning them to run with Holy Spirit! Powerful!

-Had a huge thunderstorm with hail and lightning… in which Samuel, Philip and Katish decided to shower(shampoo, conditioner… the whole works) in! Hilarious!

-Had the honor of preaching "Intimacy with God" in our women's house church... I'm madly in love with our disciples! The woman I baptized last week is already evangelizing and in love with the life she shares with Holy Spirit!

-Okay so practically ALL of December is a Swedish holiday(and they laughed at me for having Thanksgiving twice!!)... Maja and Katish prepared an incredible breakfast at 6am today for the team. It's the 3rd Sunday of Advent and Lucia! Candles, soft peppercake, fruit..mmm!

-The Bible Students had an outreach yesterday, under the huge muslim mosque! They were responsible for dramas, testimonies, preaching, praying salvation... everything. I've never felt so proud! people were saved!!

-Getting ready for Church of Joy this morning!!! We are having the graduation ceremony of our first Bible School class!! They will also be doing a drama and testifying about their outreach yesterday.

Time for church now! Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment