Sunday, January 17, 2010

On our way...

Samuel and I are on our way to USA!!

The bus ride from Harar to Addis Ababa was eventful to say the least. We started the journey with Sky Bus but after 3 near-head-on-collisions... we jumped off and took a sweaty minibus the rest of the way instead.

Our flight from Addis left at 3am. Now we're sitting in Istanbul. Samuel lit up and could have ran or jumped or danced when he saw Burger King! I'm just glowing here with my soy latte :)

Can you believe I'm going to see my family and friends in USA soon??? Gahh!! I could have cried leaving Ethiopia though... Thank you Jesus, I'll be back in 2 1/2 weeks! Katrine just sent me an email about our women's house church last night.. I asked one of our Bibleschool graduates to take it over for the next 3 weeks until I come back... she was incredible! So proud of our disciples!

I have the best life in the world. I get to be a missionary, preach the Gospel, discover new cultures, watch miracles and supernatural wonders appear before my eyes from my sweet Holy Spirit, and wake up to the eyes of Samuel Strandberg every morning :) :) :) My home in Harar, Ethiopia is the most amazing place in the world. I love our team... maja, katish, erik, filip, mohammed, ashagre, katrine, naphtali :) You're the best!!

Sam will be teaching at MCM Bibleschool in Pittsburgh this week... "Healing in the Redemption and Jesus' Healing Ministry" Soooo powerful! We'll be at my home church, Victory Christian Center, for the next two sundays, catching up with my covenant besties Joelle and Lauren, celebrating Christmas with my family(the fourth this year... but who's counting???), and taking our late honeymoon in New York City!

Love you!

Wow wow! Next stop Chicago, Pittsburgh and Youngstown!!

3 comments:

  1. oh how I love you guys :)
    Have the best time ever!! Then COME BACK TO ME! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My beloved beautiful star! I love to be able to follow your life so closely! Feels almost like I am the one that are able to wake up next to you in the mornings! ;) Have a really nice trip, longing to read all about it!! Lots of kisses and Love to you both!!

    ReplyDelete