Tuesday, January 19, 2010

My first day...

My first day in America was fabulous. Despite our 40 hours of travel, I was up at 5.. anxious and longing for our be-lated Christmas by the lights of the Christmas tree. My mama and daddy blessed Samuel and I sooo much... clothes, shoes, books. Wow! Then we all enjoyed breakfast and my mama took me to the salon for a girl's day. After only 3 hours... I guess I have pretty long hair... I feel like a new woman! It's amazing what a little color and cut and do!

While mama and I were basking in our makeovers.. Sam, my lil bro and daddy were fencing! My dad is really good and is always trying to pick a fight, using anything he can find. Believe me, we've had many tournaments in the kitchen with knives, and pans. I'm just glad he's found a new competitor. I heard Samuel has no mercy though :)


Now Samuel and I are in Pittsburgh, staying at Allison Park's guest house. We're right down the street from Peter and Martina(So excited to spend time with them)! It was amazing to wake up this morning in our own little home on this especially dark winter morning. It's nothing like home in Ethiopia!


Samuel will be preaching at MCM ministry school today. I'm headed off to Youngstown to shop and fika with my mama... then spending the evening with my besties!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment