Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Shower curtains

On tuesday after dropping Samuel at MCM to teach at the Bible school for the day... I was off to Youngstown! It's funny how refreshing it can be to just drive alone in a car with worship music blasting. I thoroughly enjoyed myself. Honestly, some of my most precious moments with Holy Spirit have been alone in my Buick over the years. Lovely.

Mom and I had a shopping date in the morning. I think I've forgotten how to shop... I just kind of walked around and soaked it all up. I have the most culture shock when I'm here in the Western world. Got a few cute things anyway :) Somehow as we continued through the morning, we kept accumulating new people. My dad met us at Old Navy, we took a fika at panera and then my Joelle showed up! We made a little bit of a scene to say the least.. haha. I was crying with joy!! Next we were off for new bedding and bathroom shelves that I can bring back to Ethiopia. It's a strange feeling when you realize you're shopping for such wifely things.. lol.. it was funny to have 4 people examining the shower curtains with such intensity the way we were.

Suddenly I got a call from my Lauren, she was headed up the escalator to me!! The next few minutes were like a movie as she ran up the moving stairs to my arms..hah!(Later she told me that she didn't understand why I wasn't running down to her... hah.. my Lauren..) I have the best friends in the world! It's been exactly 4 months since we bid each other farewell..

Lauren!!! With my mama and Joelle in the background...

My covies (covenant besties) joined me and Samuel back in Pittsburgh for the night. We cooked, fika-ed, caught up on life... I'm in love with you girls! Joelle leaves for India in one month for a prayer/missions trip and then will directly come to stay in Ethiopia with us for ONE MONTH! Lauren will be joining some time in the summer :) Thanks Jesus.

Soon.. I'm off to join my hubby in the Bible school and then we're having Injera for lunch with some soon-coming missionaries! Tonight we'll be with the Almqvists!! All the greatest people in the world are somehow living in my life :)

No comments:

Post a Comment