Monday, February 1, 2010

Goodbye

Yesterday was goodbye. I've been traveling the world for years... yet all the goodbyes have never gotten easier. I hate them. I wish I could just bring everyone with me. In my case, that's the most difficult part of pioneering. Of course my heart and life is in Harar, Ethiopia but I just wish my mama and daddy were there with me too. My brother Jeffrey is leaving for the Marines soon as well... don't know when I'll see him again. So proud though!!

Samuel and I have been so blessed and taken care of in Pittsburgh, NYC and Youngstown. Thanks EVERYONE! Wow wow. Our spirits are rejoicing and ready to run. There were so many incredible words spoken over us. Thanks Holy Spirit. Plus, it was amazing to simply eat subway, sit by the fire place, shop, wear skirts that went against missionary dress code -- yesterday at Church one of the MC girls came up to me and said, "You're stylish for a missionary".. haha.. I think that was a compliment;) -- celebrate Christmas again, kiss my grandma and wrestle with my baby brother(who is atleast double my size and quadruple my strength).

My mama... rockin the boots we got her in NYC! So cute!

Dad in his Oromo skirt.. getting ready for Harar!

My birthday was so fun. Mom gave me the gift of getting my hair done my first day in USA! After 3 hours it was not so sun-soaked blonde and long. But I love it. Also got the camera from Kristin, an adorable bag from Lauren. Dad filled our suitcases with tons of things for our home(longing to paint and remodel a bit!) and Samuel got me a stunning Fossil watch. Mmmm..

Yep.. that's my man...

My beauty...

Samuel and I are in Istanbul now.. boarding our plane to Addis Ababa in about an Hour. I can't remember what that burning African sun feels like. I've had too much burning frost stuck to the depths of my bones these two weeks!

Katrine and Filip are driving our baby blue Peugeout to Addis Ababa to get us! We have about 200lbs worth of luggage and that's just too difficult to bring by minibus. Spending Tuesday afternoon with our hero Daniel Elvelyck and then taking the long drive home to Harar... just in time for Bibleschool class!! I need to hug on those disciples!!!!

If you're living in Youngstown and reading this... hug and love on my family for me. Praying for lots of money to fall in their laps so they can fly to us!! Just one month until my Joelle comes to live with me for ONE MONTH!!


No comments:

Post a Comment