Friday, January 29, 2010

The Big Apple



Our trip to New York City was perfect. We stayed at the amazing Sheraton IN the middle of Manhattan.. just one block away from Time Square and a 5 minute walk to Central Park. When we checked in we told them that we were on our honeymoon, so they gave us free access to the business lounge as well :) ... which basically just means free unlimited Starbucks, breakfast and Horsdoeuvres -- all overlooking the sky scrapes of the city! Favor!

Monday evening was spent strolling through Time Square, exploring Macy's (the largest department store on the planet) and eating at TGIF in the heart of it all. On Tuesday we took an incredible on-off tour bus through downtown NYC, shopped at Urban Outfitters, H&M, strolled China Town and SOHO, ate lunch at Subway (we've been craving that in Ethiopia), searched for leather high-top Chucks (Through the entire city. Literally like 20 stores. They've been out in Europe and Asia for a while... America is always the last to get fashion. These Converse literally arrived in NYC the day we did!!) More favor!

Wednesday was my 22nd Birthday! It began with a sunshiny (yet freezing) carriage ride through Central Park. In the afternoon we took the "Uptown Loop" tour through Harlem and the Upper East Side. Amazing. Then we went to the top of the Empire State Building... it's incredible how many movies have been filmed there... romance, tragedy(Sleepless in Seattle, King Kong...)

In the evening, Samuel hailed me my first NY cab and took me to a Blues club in Time Square. So fun...

O Yea... and we finally found the converse(Black leather high-tops!) in the basement of a souvenir shop! They're hott!


My hero and I in Central Park!

Friday was lovely. I went out with my mama.. and then came home to find the men in my life fighting. Fencing actually. Hilarious. Samuel is addicted to a new sport... they were dripping with sweat when they finished and Samuel was even gushing blood. It's crazy what guys will do for the honor and pride of a victory...


This morning my Kristin came over with a Birthday gift for me. I looove photography but have been without a camera for a while now. She got me a new one!!! Thank you thank you thank you!! I love it! God truly does give us the desires of our hearts :)

My love..

It's our last full day here in the states. Soaking up my family, Joelle and Lauren. The team in Ethiopia is having an incredible festival with Daniel this weekend... longing for my African family!! Love you and am praying and believing for incredible things on Africa's Horn! Be there soon!!!

1 comment:

  1. The kids loved watching Cappy and Uncle Samual fencing!

    ReplyDelete