Monday, April 26, 2010

Free day on the Horn

Hmm.. free days. Honestly, unless I’m on a beach or shopping mall, I’m pretty bad at them. I usually start off making the coffee, reading the Word(mmmm), maybe cleaning… and then it feels like I walk around aimlessly for a few hours and it’s time to start Tuesday again. Nonetheless, here are a few particularly insignificant experiences from my Monday...

Okay, yea.. best coffee on the planet. My daddy sends it in the mail (we're actually runnin low now.. *hint*)

Probably sportsbladet...

See.. they're growing!!

Believe it or not, I actually straightened this hair today! And NO I didn't dye it blonde.. African sunshine.

Love our blue shutters and window-seat.. the walls of the house are dark green and pink :)

Sam ate dorowat for lunch

These Oromo men had the cutest rain boots! Can I say that??

Then I started my roaming around the compound.. here are a few remodeling projects I've had..

New black dining room wall, black-covered chairs and photos of places and faces of Ethiopia .. it looks sweet with the red carpet

Our bedroom.. chocolate brown, black, white and cappuccino colors! Niceno..

Tomorrow is the first day of our third Bible school class... O how I'm longing for them! Isn't it beautiful when God transforms lives? The greatest gift I know is when I witness a person being molded in His hands. Warriors are being raised up in Ethiopia.. young men and women who are filled with Holy Spirit and pursuing nothing but a life of miracles among the unreached! That is the only reason I long to do what I do. They make me breathe and speak and walk and live..

Now the hyenas are yelping outside and wild dogs are answering back to them furiously.. my signal to drift away for the night..

No comments:

Post a Comment