Saturday, May 15, 2010

Best life..

O we're so sad! Or should I say I'M so sad and Samuel is just.. laughing.. you know the flowerbox we built for our window to grow the seeds my mama sent us??? Well green stuff was definitely coming up the last few weeks.. we almost thought they weren't gonna make it a few times.. It was definitely an emotional battle. BUT the other day I was reading outside and I noticed that the same things growing in our box are growing in the dirt OUTside! WE'RE GROWING WEEDS!!! No not weed... WEEDS! Ugh.. I'm a failure at gardening. We dumped the box.
Sorry Mom :(

Well.. the bags are packed. Tomorrow morning after our Sunday gathering at Harar Church of Joy, me, my Samuel, Filip, Ashagre and Mohammed will pile into our baby blue '75 Peugout for a (hopefully) 8-10 hours drive to Addis Ababa. Then on Monday morning we'll fly together to Tanzania for a Signs and Wonders Festival amount the unreached Pare people in SAME region! My heart is simply bursting. Together with the teams from USA and Sweden, we will see crazy supernatural signs and miracles, salvations, deliverances and radical freedom in the Holy Spirit.. I love this life! We Ethiopians will be in the "demon clinic" each festival night
, simply ushering in the kingdom of God to the lives of so many spiritually bound Africans... transforming lives from the power of satan to GOD!

So many people are already on sight, planning, digging wells, praying and taking care of all the logistics that are a part of any huge festival. Our focus is reaching the remote unreached villages in the mountains of Tanzania.. by helicopter, radio and flyers.. inviting EVERYONE to come to our festival next wed-sun. We are expecting atleast 10,000 each day. The word of God IIIISSSS POWER! Like my husband says.. "The Bible isn't a story of God's power... it IS the power!" O I'm almost bursting out of myself! The Bible promises that we will do even greater things than Jesus did.. and He was walking on water, multiplying food, healing lepers, raising the dead... just imagine what we will do. Can't wait to see blind eyes opened, deaf ears hearing, cripples walking, limbless bodies suddenly growing their legs and arms back again, AIDS melting away, the demon possessed being radically and fully freed in Jesus' name! What an adventure it is to colabor with God. To be a follower of Jesus. These signs and wonders will be the keys to unlock revival in the nation of Tanzania! Hallelujah!

After the festival, Sam and I will have a few days together on the island ZANZIBAR just off the coast of Africa. It's absolutely stunning... white beaches, our own bungalow, swimming with dolphins, suntanning, snorkling... oooooo I'm speechless...

.. then we're off to Stockholm and Varberg in Sweden for 3 weeks. Longing to be with the Strandbergs again and walk that stunning west coast of Europe with the man of my dreams. At this time last year I was getting ready to walk that coast with my boyfriend... crazy how much can happen in one year.

O I cry every time I have to get on a plane and leave Ethiopia.. it truly has my heart. But there is so much awaiting me just through the window of tomorrow's sunrise... don't know why I just got all poetic.. feels like I should be singing now I suppose...

Ciao all... I will update whenever internet so allows...

ps- mom and dad... skype fikas when I'm in Sweden!

No comments:

Post a Comment