Thursday, June 10, 2010

Smiling Heart

So, Swedish summer if feeling more like a moderate winter right now (Of course I call Africa my home, so maybe I'm a little biased but still, low 60's and rain is hardly a combination for toasty tan lines). Nonetheless, my heart is smiling.. I'm in the homeland of the love of my life, chillin with the Strandberg family, strolling through the malls of the Western world (O that makes my soul flutter!), walking the quant brick-lane European city centers... God is gooooood..

This morning started with breakfast prepared by Samuel. Then Ingabritt and Pernilla came for fika with sweet Kayan before we went our for a walk.. just the girls (and Kayan of course). Our first stop was the shoe store we visited a few days ago, where I fell in love...

Brown, leather, strappy sandals... oooooo!
Från min Svärmor
Ingabritt surprised me! Thank you!!

Next, Sam and I went out to lunch with the Pastor of his home church here in Varberg. (Thai food!) We had a wonderful time celebrating Jesus together... how blessed the two of us are to be surrounded by such incredible spiritual leaders and friends!

Then Sam set up a Skype account for his mama...

...And we tested it out!

At 5 o'clock I turned on some Rascal Flatts and entered the kitchen for 3 hours of cooooooking! O I've been longing to just COOK. First I baked apple-cinnamon-oatmeal cookies and then I made a homemade pizza!

He's so good to me... tries everything I create with a smile! (Sometimes I know it must be a challenge but I AM getting better!)

We ended the evening with strong black Gevalia - India coffee and cookies :) Now we're snuggling up for another episode of 24.. our favorite!

Spending my Friday with Pernilla in Gothenberg!!

1 comment:

  1. oooohhhhhh such wonderful pix, such beautiful words, and i'm.in.love.with.the.strappy.sandals.

    oh gabriella ;), cov bride, u are exquisite; u are supernatural; Jesus & u are simply breathtaking.

    ur blog is a suspense novel, difficult to relinquish. ur life is heaven on earth. ur covenant with Samuel divine.

    i love u

    ReplyDelete