Thursday, September 23, 2010

Life Giver

Woke up the sound of my husbands wonderful voice on the phone in Ethiopia this morning. Love to wake up to him! Then I spent some time meditating on Philippians... I love the Word
s of God...

Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, rejoice! Let your gentle spirit be known to all men, the Lord is near. Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be make known to God. And the peace of God which surpasses all comprehension, will guard your hears and your minds in Christ Jesus. Finally, brethren, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is of good repute, if there is any excellence and if anything worthy of praise, dwell on these things.

We each carry an atmosphere around us. A soul forecast that touches the people we come close to. Sometimes with just a "hello" I can tell if a person is giving off life and blessing or death and cursing. There are only 2 options - life or death - and a swirl of both at the same time just doesn't work, it's disgusting.

I want to always be a life giver. A person who makes others feel uplifted when they're around me. A person who speaks faith and encouragement when there's nothing left to hope for. A person who calls things that are not, as though they were. That happens when we DWELL on the things of Christ, when we dwell in the presence and atmosphere of our Creator and Savior. He is: truth, justice, righteousness, purity, love, strength, excellence, life. When I'm around the opposites of these qualities, I feel like someone is puking all over me. I feel sick.

Today I just wanted to give off the aroma of my Jesus...

I went out with my little niece Eliya! First it was Starbucks for a pumpkin spice latte and then shopping...

Levi hung out with us for a while too!

Thanks Jesus for letting me live in the atmosphere of all that You are!

No comments:

Post a Comment