Friday, September 24, 2010

Hazelnut Latte

Me and my sis Mandy went to the coolest little cafe in downtown Lexington this afternoon. It's called "Third Street Stuff" and is totally random and wonderful...


This was the magnetic wall full of words, letters and phrases...


My big sis!

The best part was my Hazelnut Latte coffee cup of the world map. Harar, Ethiopia was accidentally and perfectly smudged... it made my day! The little things in life truly do mean the most! It made me miss my home tonight... my hubby, our family of Ethiopians, my disciples... the nations... I love to be a God Adventurer.


Then we found a map with stickers to mark where each customer comes from... Africa was empty! I also gave them one BIRR to stick on their ceiling with all the other world currencies they're collecting. Left my mark in Lexington!


Tomorrow my lil brother and I are driving back to Ohio. Everything is always bittersweet about traveling. I'm in love with my niece and nephews here and long to be with them again someday...

Me and the boys... eating Ice Cream! I haven't eaten real American ice cream in about 1 1/2 years! So sad.

Came home tonight and Levi stood up by himself for the first time. It was only a few seconds and he was terrible wobbly, but still so perfect! I'm madly in love!

God's so good to me. I've been experiencing crazy culture shock back here in the states... it's incredible the way the world turns with all of it's people groups, nations, traditions and cultures. How can people live in total ignorance of the other half of the world and the commission we've been commanded?? I'm African on the inside. I want to dance and shout, dress in vibrant scarves and eat strange foods with my fingers on the floors of my best friend's homes. I feel too uncivilized for the manners of the West. I'm longing to preach on our dusty streets again soon. But until then... I just long for my family. One more week of soaking this all in so that I can go pour it out again.... not to mention one more week of blogspot and wifi! I haven't blogged this much in ages!

1 comment:

  1. Girl, you were at Third Street Stuff?! That is like 10 mins from me. Did you know I live in Lexington? Next time you are here, let me know and we can hang out.

    Rebecca

    ReplyDelete