Tuesday, April 26, 2011

A letter

I got a letter this week. From myself! What a weird feeling to see your own handwriting on an envelope addressed to YOU. After a few moments though, it all came flooding back to me..


On the last day of my senior year in high school, our teacher had us write letters to ourselves that would be kept and mailed back to us... 5 years later! At that time (when I was 18) everything had a tendency of overwhelming me. Graduation, college, future, dreams, wanting to grow up but not quite sure if you're ready to take on all of it's responsibilities... you catch my drift. I did however have a few prophetic, encouraging and challenging lines to myself. I guess I just wanted to make sure that I was still on track with what God had placed in my heart. I think it's important for all of us to remember where we started - grow past it, learn beyond and dream further... but don't step away from the foundation on which it was all built.

I signed out "Walk in your glorious destiny! - Gabrielle" and thankfully I can assure you that next to the Holy Spirit, I am continuing in that path.

So check yourself! Have you stepped away from promises you made yourself years ago? Have you gotten caught up in life and missed out on getting caught up in God's dreams? YOU decide upon your own life. Life doesn't decide for you. The only fear to consider is the fear of missing out on something bigger than yourself.

1 comment: