Thursday, April 21, 2011

Papers galore

It's been one week since I sent my application (for permission to reside in Sweden - which will make me like a Swede except for my citizenship) off to the Swedish consulate. Now we're all waiting and praying that they look at it with favor and let me get back to my hubs! I've heard just about every option there is for a time line... 2 months, several months, 6 months, up to 9 months... my return ticket was set for the beginning of June... I'm just planning that I won't even need to change that!

My future on that table! My mind's been swimming in papers... can't wait to be finished!

Samuel left on Sunday. I cried of course and then mom, dad and me went down to the beach where we could watch his plane take off. I found out later that he got bumped up to first class with a 3 course shrimp and steak meal and was drinking glasses of orange juice on his take off... so I guess he wasn't as sad as all of us down below!

Saying goodbye...
Samuel, we're all sad here without you! You're the highlight of our lives!!

Today was family field trip day to the license bureau. Haha.. we spent 3 hours there! And we were all so nervous we wouldn't pass our exams! (You should seriously study for those things)

Now I'm officially an island girl :)

On another note... have I mentioned how in love with Ethiopia I am?? It's the best country in the universe. And the people simply take my breath away. It's the land of injera, hyenas and coffee beans. A land of green mountains, waterfalls, deserts, volcanos and barren planes. It's a land holding diverse people groups... light skin, dark skin, blue eyes, brown eyes, tall, short... I love them all! Can't wait to get back one day soon :)

No comments:

Post a Comment