Wednesday, April 20, 2011


Now I'm reading
Always Enough by Rolland and Heidi Baker (http://www.irismin.org).... heroooooes and missionaries who have raised up an incredible ministry of love. Love to the poor, the lost, and the least.

The King will reply, "I tell you the truth, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers of mine, you did for me."
— Matthew 25:40

I've read it before, but that made no difference... it took me two days to get through the 5 pages of Introduction... and another 2 days to get through the first paragraph of the first chapter. Can I share that paragraph with you?

"Heidi!" I (Rolland) called. "You want a mission field? Listen to this! They're blowing up Red Cross trucks in Mozambique!" I was reading Time magazine's coverage of the civil war there, and I couldn't believe such evil. "Oh!" she called back. "Let's go there! They need help!"

And they did. As simple as that.

A call from God is not complicated. It does not require half the struggle we think we must endure to finally be prepared enough to take a step. A call from God is simply an invitation to adventure. To life. Freedom. Joy. Love. A call is simple..... " GO..."

Stop making God wait on you to get ready... just Go... and leave the rest in His hands.

My computer speakers are filled up with the sounds of worshipping orphans from Kenya, Mozambique and Uganda. Most beautiful sound I know. You can find this album on the link above :)




1 comment:

  1. gabby, the last couple paragraphs of this is really what I needed to hear right now. Some things have been stirring inside of me that I have just been trying to push aside because in the natural, i don't see it as possible. thank you!

    ReplyDelete