Saturday, August 20, 2011

Chai Please

Lovely lovely day. Samuel and I walked around one million miles this morning. All over town. I enjoy not owning a car these days -- or for the last 2 years I should say :) I will regret saying that in a few months when I have to tromp through snow blizzards just for a few groceries, but ehhh what's wrong with a little adventure?! In Ethiopia we got around in "bajaj" the East African word for an Indian rickshaw. You'd be amazed how many people can squeeze into those things!! They're designed with 4 seats... Samuel once rode in one with 14 passengers!! No joke! We even have a picture of it somewhere. Another time I squeezed in the back of a bajaj full of goats! Ahhh.. good times. Speaking of livestock, I saw a man in northern Ethiopia driving a motorcycle with a sheep straddling him from behind --- yes, sitting upright with it's front legs over the man's shoulders! I need to start carrying my camera with me alllll the time :)

Anyway - back to Sweden - the city center was bustling with kids on scooters, old ladies with their market-finds and accordions on a few street corners. Such ambiance. Now I'm home alone for a cozy and quiet afternoon to myself. Samuel just left with his dad to go see Johannes Amritzer preach in a city South of us. My new 2nd-hand tea pot sits next to me full of Vanilla chai and I'm listening to a song about telling the broken there is healing. My heart is a land far far away tonight....

My handsome man on his way out the door. He's growing his beard out full so that he'll blend in with the people groups we're visiting in a few months... love it!

My new mix-matched finds :)

1 comment:

  1. Love the blog honey!
    Well... I guess I have no choice but to keep my beard like this... Posted it on the blog and all... Love you! The best blog ever!!!

    ReplyDelete