Friday, August 19, 2011

It's raining, it's pouring, the old man is snoring..

This has been the week of packages. I got one from mom and dad (it was pretty much my own things that were too heavy to stuff in my luggage when I left the islands) with a pair of cute black-leather-boots Sam and I bought for mom in NYC... which she will probably never have to use again... I on the other hand will surely wear them out by the time spring rolls around next year. Thanks mom! The other package was one that I sent to Ethiopia in April... they just got it 3 1/2 months later! Frustrating considering that it was stuffed with new-born clothes for baby Zebulon who is not so new-born anymore. But, my faith in the world postal service has been bandaged up a bit. Aren't packages fun??


Samuel was free from work yesterday. I love to have entire days together with him. We spent time with our dear friends Samuel and Lotta and their sweet girls Elsa and Siri (another little one is on the way in January!)... and then ran errands in the city because (da-da-duunnn) I got my Swedish version of a "social security" number. Bit by bit my immigration continues to fall into place.

Samuel and Lotta
Elsa

It is so dark outside and the rain is looks like it'll never stop. I don't mind though. Feels a bit Christmas-y... Christmas in August?! Eh, why not?

No comments:

Post a Comment