Wednesday, August 17, 2011

So long sweet summer

My day started 4am(after a spectacular dream). I love early mornings before the sun. I think it's the most peaceful time. Samuel was off to work and and I was off to laundry - well not yet, or I would be the most unpopular girl in the building.

Yesterday morning I got to skype with mom and dad in Hawaii. A normal topic of any of our conversations has to do with sailing. It's funny the way my heart jumps when I see a sailboat just because I know dad has an obsession for it! It really is a remarkable thing to do. The last time we were all out together was for a 3-day trip just a few weeks before I got married. So I decided to venture down [camera in hand] to Varberg's center and the marina...


My hair-do for the day. Fabulous.

I'm preparing myself to say so-long sweet summer. Atleast here in Scandinavia that is. The sun has a tricky way of luring me out and then not warming me up the way it's supposed to. The trees are still green but constantly flailing about in cold and gusty wind. Not sure if I'm ready for this. I'm African on the inside and my skin is still hanging on to the slightest tint of a Hawaiian tan. Maybe I can get a tanning-bed-package. If not only for some warmth...

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful pictures, but I'm not ready to say good bye to summer, yet. We're having the lovely end of summer weather here in Western PA/Eastern OH. Cool nights, still 80's during the day, but not uncomfortable. This is the day the LORD has made, let us rejoice and be glad in it. I know you do!
    Blessings.

    ReplyDelete