Thursday, September 15, 2011

Mobile Album

I put my phone through the washer this week. It was a sad day. No, not an iphone... just an oolldd school basic mobile! No apps, no camera and no voicemail. I put it in rice through the night and have tried just about every other thing I can come up with (besides a blow-dryer, I don't have a blow-dryer)... and the screen is still all foggy. So now I'm using Samuel's oolldd phone from Ethiopia. There isn't a camera on it now but there used to be and all of these photos I found in the mobile album today! Brought me back to some of my favorite moments and places and people on earth! I think they were all taken at the beginning of this year....

Samuel driving around Ethiopia with one of our best friends and heroes in life, Mohammed! He drives an oolldd Peugeot from the 70's. Ethiopian-car-fashion means to have lots of flashy lights on your dashboard and roof, big stickers with random sayings stuck all over the outside and toys hanging from the mirror :) Poor Naftali had to hide all of his toys from his dad!

Me and SARAH hanging out with Mohammed's wife, Zenabwa(she was to my left)... talking about life, love, family, God... the good stuff... (and I love Sarah!)

Just walked away from hugging on my most favorite street kids :) In Harar, Ethiopia...

On our way to preach in a village... New Year's day. Can you see all the stuff strapped to that donkey? It's amazing.

Selam, Mohammed and I... on our way to the village. It was so hot. They were in a drama together... Mohammed played Jesus :) One man was saved :)

Samuel and I looked for this restaurant for HOURS... it was hidden in the heart of Addis Ababa(the capital of Ethiopia) with no sign... on a street with no name. But we found it and it was a gem! A middle-eastern place. So romantic. Samuel had lamb and I had salmon :) They even wheeled out a cart of desserts after the meal - never had that done before!

We left Ethiopia for Sweden in February. But first a much-needed 3 day trip to Istanbul! Samuel surprised me with this stop for my birthday :) And I visited my first Ikea! Whaa?? Yes, in Istanbul. Even though I'm married to a Swede. So funny.

My first morning in Sweden... it's waay below zero in this photo! I'm with Samuel and his mama... on our way to grocery shop! Grocery shopping was a huge deal for us after leaving Ethiopia. We could basically have anything we wanted... except for Ethiopian food! And all we wanted was Ethiopian food!

The day we were leaving Ethiopia, we got a phone call that we got an apartment in Sweden! God really provided for us! But all we had to fill it with was our 3 stuffed suitcases... we really started from scratch. Here I am with my cart full after visiting the famous Swedish Gekås. Trash can, lamp shades, clock, toilet cleaner, shower curtain rod, mop...

A cold late-winter stroll through the center of our West coast city called Varberg. Enjoying being able to wear pants here... I wore only skirts in Africa :)

We just got to Sweden and found out that because I'm an American citizen... I need to fly back to my home country to fix immigration papers. We had no idea how long that could take. So Samuel and I had to get quick tickets to mom and dad in Hawaii. Samuel came for 3 1/2 weeks and I ended up staying there for 4 months.
The trip was over 30 hours... this is my tired, hungry, (they don't feed you on domestic USA flights!) I'm almost in Hawaii face :)

Back in Sweden - Samuel and his dad Ove!

Me together with my true love :)

I'm such a picture gal and my heart is so warm tonight, thinking about how good God is... how He carries me through the years. Especially this year. What else can I do but smile? I look back and see His hand of protection, healing, joy and grace upon me and I look forward to an adventure and new door of destiny. But right now... I just sit here. In this moment. God is my God yesterday, TODAY and forever...

1 comment: