Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Favorites


Boots - soho NYC
Skirt - Hawaii
T-Shirt - Istanbul
Jacket - Sweden
Bag - Ethiopia

I've realized this week that when I put together my random pieces of clothing and jewelry from here 'n there... I look like some traveling fashionista, but really... it's just a few favorites that I've picked up over the years. My most treasured scarves came from a 2nd hand market in Ethiopia (they cost all of 50cents)which burned down in January, gosh I loved that place and the people I found there. My favooorite boots were given to me from a missionary in Bulgaria and are all full of holes but I'll never ever get rid of those! My dad helped me pick out my winter coat a few years ago when we were traveling in South China... every time I wear it, someone stops to ask where I got it :) I have beautiful gifts of earrings and bracelets from India and the only pair of high heels I own were picked up in Hawaii. It's impossible to have a big wardrobe when you travel as much as Samuel and I do, but that just means that I always get to have my favorites with me :)

Next month we will each have our own backpack for traveling around India for 6 weeks. My plan?? Bring the one "missionary" skirt I saved from Ethiopia, headscarves, my leather converse, a few T's, camera.... I'm all set :)


Samuel and I walked through Varberg's market this morning(before we went our separate ways - me to school and he to work)... the deeper into the year we get, the scarcer the crowds in our city center. There was one lone trumpet serenading the few who did venture out into the gusty wind...

No comments:

Post a Comment