Friday, July 6, 2012

Missing home

Today I'm missing our (2nd) home in Africa. Deeply! It was small and super simple, but wonderful!! We were on the fourth floor, our table faced the Somali mountains to the East, and I hung my wet clothes on the roof to dry. The views were spectacular. The stars at night were out of this world! During our first week there, everything that could break, broke! The kitchen sink, the bathroom sink, the shower head, the toilet, the electrical outlets... but man, I loved that little place! 

Watching the sun rise over my cup of coffee!

The dining room :)

My kitchen!

 The view!!

 Some favorite girls hanging out in my bedroom/office/livingroom!

Sarah's room right next door :) Miss her!

I think this girl is just anxious to get a home and unpack these suitcases we live out of! We are moving to Asia in a matter of days now and I can not wait to make some little place our real home! It will be lovely just to buy the heaviest item I can find simply because I won't have to stress about going over my luggage weight!

I will be in my beloved Ethiopia soon as well... so my heart is full :) My heart beats for nations. Ready to plunge into the next season!!!

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful home- you made it so, I can tell.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't it amazing how "HOME" is wherever God's presence is? I had a little 10x50 mobile home that I fondly remember; simply because the presence of God was with me so strong. I couldn't be more proud of the impact you two have on the Kingdom of God! Go HOME! And know that I'm going with you in my heart and in my prayers. (hope you got your pics from Sunday)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Miss Mollie and Brenda! I remember you talking about that mobile home :) I can totally relate! We have been anticipating this yet-to-be-found-home since we got married and now I can almost smell it!

    ReplyDelete