Thursday, July 16, 2009

My China

I've been dreaming about China today.. longing to pioneer new things there. I love everything about the people, the culture, the atmosphere.. it's so fertile.

China was where my heart and call to missions all started, back when I was a little girl. Mmm.. there's nothing like falling in love with the heart God has for a people and area!

Two summers ago I set out for my first trip to South China to teach English to the most incredible students on the planet! They stole my heart in every way. Longing for them..

My 21 students!!




I was talking with a friend today about evangelism in Asian nations. It's all about relationship, love and presenting the entire Gospel.. raw, organic and powerful. I love stirring people's spirits up without them even realizing what's going on, especially atheists and those who are tied up in centuries of religious strongholds.

Here's a short testimony from God's Adventurer when I was in Thailand..

"...Within a few moments, we were following one older Buddhist woman home through the dark and then sitting on flowered tiles in the night air, laughing and sharing our hearts together to the gentle buzz of crickets under a backdrop of scurrying lizards who had made her walls their home as well. We asked her if she had ever heard about Jesus before, she said the only thing she could remember from her childhood was hearing something about the cross; we assured her that was a good place to start! After sharing the complete gospel with her again, I asked if Buddha had ever done anything for her life the way that Jesus had, she thought for a moment and then simply said, “no”. At the end of our time together, she asked us to please come back again to tell her more about this Jesus who had sparked a flame of interest inside her traditional and religious-bound frame of mind."

Our commission demands "Go into ALL the world." Sometimes that "going" is really just untangling the woven strands of brain matter inside the minds of those who think they already have what then need.

2 comments:

  1. Ilooove reading your blog! Keep writing, I´ll keep reading.. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is an amazing story...I loved reading about it. How long are you in the states for?

    -Kristen Shepherd

    ReplyDelete