Saturday, September 26, 2009

The Strandbergs go home!

Breathtaking. Remarkable. Flawless. Powerful. The last two weeks of my life have truly blown my mind! Thanks Jesus!!!

On September 12, my Samuel arrived from Ethiopia at Pittsburgh International Airport. We hadn’t seen each other for three months since I was on the west coast of Sweden with him and his family in June. I thought I could have screamed when I saw him! It’s been a crazy fun ride.. meeting your life-love in cities all over the world, emailing almost every day (when Harar has electricity of course), Facebook dates..

On Sunday morning we were blessed and sent out from the most incredible church in the world.. Victory Christian Center with Pastor David and Kathie Thomas. WOW WOW! Talk about a commissioning Sunday! Thank you to the greatest people in America… Samuel and I are mirroring all we’ve learned in you.. “Loving God Completely, Loving People Unconditionally and Loving Life Enthusiastically!!”

The rest of the week was full of Redmond-Strandberg family dinners, picking wedding rings, Wedding rehearsal, last-minute fikas with friends and an incredibly powerful night at Arise youth with Pr Lucas where Samuel preached on the Holy Spirit!!

On September 17th, I got to walk the aisle. The aisle that would lead me to love, destiny and an abundant life of adventure in Jesus with the man I love. What a beautiful wedding it was. We basked in the presence of our honored Guest, Holy Spirit, the entire time. Thank you mom, dad, my amazing American and Swedish family and friends, Joelle and Lauren.. who helped set up and decorate the Worship and Life Center. It was breathtaking! Thank you Ross and Steve for setting up the live-feed of the ceremony for people to watch all over the world! Thank you Marianna and Katrine for flying to America to celebrate with us.. you’re treasures. Thank you Pastor Thomas for sealing the evening with your blessings, wisdom and joy. Thank you Pastor Mickey for taking our photos. Thank you Strandbergs for flying in from Sweden and Thailand.. love you! Thank you Pastor Ben, Allison and Asia for playing the most spectacular song I’ve ever heard.. what an honor it was to enter the room to the sounds of you. Thank you Lauren for worshiping during communion.. it was beautiful. Thank you daddy and Ove for your Father’s blessing. Thank you to our guests who gathered to share tears, hugs and priceless gifts with us! We looove you all!

Although this was the happiest day of my life, I don’t think I’ve ever cried so much. Tears of joy flooded my eyes and filled my heart with an overwhelming awe at what God had created and established in His history books and all that I know is to come. Our receiving line even turned into a fire-tunnel of commissioning and blessing!

On Saturday, Samuel and I (Did I happen to mention we’re Samuel and Gabrielle Strandberg??) spent time with my mom, dad, little brother, Pernilla, Joelle and Lauren and then took that final drive to Pittsburgh where we boarded our plane for Sweden and then Ethiopia. I was created for this life, created to be a missionary to the unreached people of the world, but it was still heart wrenching to leave the people I love… please come stay with us in Africa soon!!

On Sunday we went to SOS church in Stockholm!! We were received with countless hugs and cheers from even more people we love. Johannes preached part 3 of 11 about Holy Spirit. It was an amazingly powerful time. Many were saved and 3 baptized! SOS also blessed me and Samuel with a night at a 5-star hotel in the old city of Stockholm right next to the castle, overlooking the harbor. It was the most beautiful place I’ve seen… thank you thank you!!! After enjoying a fancy and delicious breakfast in the morning, we once again went to the airport.. bound for Istanbul and Addis Ababa! There’s nothing like diving straight into the life of ministry after being married. It’s the best! After a few hours of sleep, we headed back to the airport again where we picked up one of the world’s heroes, our dad, Johannes Amritzer! He flew in to Ethiopia to work on His new book, spend time with the team and preach for a mini-festival we will have this weekend. Johannes, thank you for pouring your heart and life out to us all those hours gathered around Injera and Bona.. mmm.. we love you!

At 3:45 Tuesday morning, we Strandbergs were up and our way to the bus station for a day of driving to our home sweet home.. Harar. I sat, trying to type this blog on my bouncing laptop with blaring Ethiopian music in the background. Dusty mountains and flat-topped trees are running past my window, children, women and men wrapped in scarves were herding camels and goats along the bumpy African road, and my husband was sleeping next to me. Thanks God.. I have the best life! It feels amazing to be home.

The team here is incredible. Last night was the first of our festival meetings for this weekend. 250 people gathered in our Church of Joy!!! I love love love the people of Ethiopia and Somalia.. they’re the most beautiful in the world.

4 comments:

  1. Hi Gabby,
    It is so great to read your blog. You are the most amazing woman. You write beautifully. I feel like I'm right there with you. Keep writing! May God richly bless you and Samuel with many souls. Love you, Marcia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gabrielle, please never stop writing! Your life and words inspire me to its fullest, I always look forward to reading the story of your adventure! I love you; be safe and blessed as you walk in the power and love of God, changing the world around you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gabby! We love you! Keep winning the lost for Jesus!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We love love love you both! You're amazing!!

    ReplyDelete