Thursday, October 1, 2009

What a life!

Last night was amaaaaaazing!! I got to baptize my first Ethiopian disciple who was saved last weekend at the festival with Johannes. We built a baptismal tank inside our “Church of Joy” out of benches, a tarp and bricks. (Five people were baptized!)

Afterwards, I followed her home to meet her husband. As I walked the dusty red path, ducking beneath laundry that hung drying in the cool night air, to their one-room home.. I sensed the heavy spirits of violence, rage, addiction and fear. Her husband, who is muslim, sat on the floor drinking alcohol and chewing kat(the drug of Ethiopia). I was praying all night long for her protection. It’s such a challenge sometimes when women make the decision to follow Jesus and then have to face the possible abuse of their husbands.

The power of the cross breaks the darkness of the world every time we call upon the name of Jesus. What a promise!

After the baptism I left the team to go sit on the dusty road with two girls in the market. They were roasting corn over a little fire for 2 birr each(only a few cents)… we laughed, taught each other English/amheric, I invited them to church, told them stories… I left there late in the night smelling like sweat and smoke, completely eaten by flies with my clothes full of fire ants from sitting on the ground.. but I had the biggest smile on my face! I love being with the people and learning the culture.. hope I start looking a little bit more Ethiopian soon!

This morning the team gathered with our friend Jonatan Kvist for a time of sweet worship and refreshing from Holy Spirit. I am living together with the greatest people on the planet!!

Tonight Samuel will complete his teaching on Faith for the Bibleschool students. He is the greatest teacher in the world!!! (Puss Älskling!) There is such an electric anticipation in the air... for the Kingdom of Heaven to utterly invade this stunning land!

3 comments:

  1. You my friend are amazing! True disciple of Christ!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good morning love!!!

    You have the best blog in da world!
    Looking forward to spend my day with you today!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Im reading your blog and weeping! You make it so real like as if we are all there with you as we read! I pray for you often as your face is on my refrigerator and nightstand beside my bed. The love that you have will draw sooo many so just be ready for all the disciples you will have!
    Many blessings!

    ReplyDelete