Sunday, November 29, 2009

My week - abridged

Well... I got Thanksgiving right this week! Katish and I spent 3 hours baking in the afternoon for a huge Thanksgiving fika!! We had an American flag, Christmas lights and music, autumn leaves that were mailed to me from my yard in Ohio(!!), fruit, pumpkin coffee from Peaberrys(!!!), and some kind of pineapple tart thing that I made up... niceno :) I'm thankful for the greatest life with the most amazing people on the planet!! And for the honor of preaching my best friend Jesus to Ethiopia EVERY day!!!!!

Thanksgiving table!!

My family also skyped with me on Thursday evening! I got to see my mama's face for about 4 seconds(the internet in Africa isn't so predictable) but nonetheless, it was amazing to hear from them! They also called me from USA when the entire family had gathered for their feast of celebration... I spoke with aunts, uncles, my grandma and great grandma.... aaahh!! I have the best family on earth!

I Looooove phone calls from USA!

I went to my first Ethiopian-Pente church conference on Friday evening... wow wow... what an experience!!

Me and Philip dancing to the mesmor!

Last night, Maja and I gathered our women's house church together again. The weighty presence of God was so refreshing for all of us as we began praying together in the Spirit and singing "Jesus..." I preached from Ephesians, 1 Peter and Romans about being women of God. There is nothing more beautiful than seeing strong, confident women walking in all that God has called them to be. Maja and I burst almost daily just thinking about these disciples we have come to fall in love with.... they are truly being transformed. Hallelujah!

Samuel preached a mighty word about the blessing and seal of Holy Spirit upon our lives this morning in Church of Joy! I'm married to the most anointed preacher alive... (thanks for teaching me so much my Samuel!!). Mohammed and Sinabwa also led us in radical worship with our brand new keyboard!!!! Praise Jesus!!

Tonight, Barcelona and Madrid are playing a huge soccer game... if you know my husband at all... then you know where we'll be tonight!


And tomorrow it's off to Dire Dawa again with the girls! Time to soak up more of this African sun!!!

(You might notice all the !!!!!!'s in my blogs... what can I say?? I'm living the best life and enjoy sharing pieces of it with all of you!!!!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment